Thread: Removing the base from a Hitachi RasterOps mc7515

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Removing the base from a Hitachi RasterOps mc7515

Hello,

Does anyone know how to remove the plastic base/stand from a 19" Hitachi RasterOps 7515 monitor?

Typically, these sorts of things come off after a switch/tab is toggled...I can't seem to find it and I sure don't want to damage the thing...

Thanks in advance!

Iver

Default Answer: basically, you can't

...at least, it appears, without removing the back of the thing.

I am kinda hoping I didn't wound it.

BTW, I got this monitor from MacGurus back in '99...it's been a great monitor and I've only used when it was needed for critical work, so I think it's still got hours left on it.

While it doesn't have the "throw" of a ColorSync, ;-) , it sure ain't no LCD as regards table space.

OTOH, if you do know a way to do this...remove the swivel base...please let me know!

Thanks!

Iver

I used to find the SAMS Technical Photofact manuals invaluable for troubleshooting and take apart SAMS but didn't find a hit. Perhaps a more complete description from a label on the monitor somewhere? k

Hello Kaye,

Thanks for the reference, very interesting site!

Indeed, I think the thing isn't supposed to be taken apart...which strikes me as rather odd. I'm pretty sure that you have to disassemble the case to take the base off; the back of the case would seem to come off pretty easily and that's likely enough.

Still though, for such a well-engineered item, this was odd.

The beast is, at least temporarily, safely tucked out of the way with base in place.

It along with a first-gen 15" NEC 1530 have been replaced by a pair of Samsung 940T with DVI-D ins...flat-out awesome!

Thanks again for the reference!

Iver