Thread: ATI Radeon question

Default ATI Radeon question

Recently found an ATI Radeon video card in my things. Only identifying marks are Radeon emblem, date: 2001 and PN 109-85500-00. I don't have a Mac I can use it in. Would anyone know if it would work in a PC?

Arrow google is your friend:

Manufacturer: ATI
    Part Number: 109-85500-00
    Description: ATI 64MB PCI Radeon 7000 Graphics Card
    Unlikely to work in a PC without a BIOS flash. PowerPC code is little endian, and x86 code is big endian. AFAIK ATI didn't start writing dual-platform BIOS before the 9600 this year, although Matrox did this since '94 or so.
    haiku:
    I can't remember
    the last time I restarted
    I love OS X

Default ATI Radeon

Hey, thanx for the Info.

How did you find out it was a 64 MB 7000? I went to the ATI site and found zilch-it was only when I tried the card in Windows that it stated it was a Radeon 7000 and that it was unable to work because it "had a problem." Downloading the drivers from ATI was no help. It stated that the card was basically not the correct one for the drivers. Anyway, I tried it and I'll save it for another time (or machine)
    Thanx again.

Arrow freedom of information

Quote Originally Posted by dicooley
    How did you find out it was a 64 MB 7000?
    I googled "109-85500-00"

Not sarcastic: it's wonderful how much info you can get from obscure part numbers. Often I've been able to get hits on OEM information that I would normally think was proprietary. The web amazes me.
    haiku:
    I can't remember
    the last time I restarted
    I love OS X

FYI: you can if you don't need it for a Mac, sell it and buy twice the card for a PC with the money.

Or better yet, sell the PC and buy a Mac to go with the video card.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin