Thread: quicksilver new ram

Default quicksilver new ram

hi, I want to upgrade my quicksilver ram.
    Ive already bought a powerlogix 1ghz processor that use the chip of freescale 7455. and now the g4 got problems with the ram,,kernel panic and a random freeze, its all Ive got.
    so want to buy the 3ram chip and hope you give an idea wich one from the gurus«s store will work with the new processor..

thanks all !!
    G5 Dual 2.0 1.5GBram/ 360gb HD
    Quicksilver 1Ghz 1GBram/160GB HD
    Titanium 667DVI 256ram/40GB HD
    G4 "Beige" minitower 700mhz 256ram/ 46gb HD

Dear Aka... (can I abbreviate your nickname?)

The important thing is that, if you buy three new RAM expansion sticks, they all bear the same CAS Latency values at 133MHz frequency.

Since you have set your mind on such 3 new sticks, I would reccomend MacGuru's part # 512G4-133, PC133 - 512MB SDRAM modules, all identical and in one go.

In case, instead, you are sorry to part from your older SDRAM modules, keep in mind that if you place the SLOWEST in CAS Latency value module into the FIRST RAM expansion slot, you should solve your system instability problems.

See messages #11 and #12 from this thread.

Hope the above is of some help to you.

All the best.
    Costa

Ab ovo usque ad mala

hi costa...

no problem about the nick "aka"

thanks about the ram .I«ll check it out and look for three sticks..thanks again

It could just be PL CPU Director. or one RAM module. Which is why running DIMM First Aid first in OS 9 helps to determine WHAT CAS Latency etc you have. OS X 10.4.4+ can push a system harder, and sometimes RAM that worked on OEM cpu won't. But I'd disable PL software first, and run Memtest on what you have. Then, see if there is one RAM chip that might be the culprit.

ok, I«ll try that...I guess that the ram module could be the problem but Ive test each memory module and the quicksilver freeze all the time. I guess that maybe I need to use memtest to be sure. thanks...