Thread: Thinning the herd - Macs & PCs for Sale

Default Thinning the herd - Macs & PCs for Sale

PowerMac MDD Dual 1.0GHz - mint condition - 1GB memory, 120GB Seagate drive (still warrantied), brand new boxed keyboard and mouse (white), This MDD version is OS 9 bootable as well - $650

RackMac G4 (from Marathon) G4-800MHz (used sparingly in Home Theater setup) - 1GB Kingston / Crucial Memory, 80GB Seagate drive. Rare machine and super durable (HEAVY!) - $550 (Marathon charged nearly $500 alone for the case).

RackMac S900 (233 or 250MHz CPU not sure which) 400mb Ram - very rare item as you may have guessed.. keyboard and mouse included. (HEAVY!) - SOLD

Pentium and Misc;

P4 CPU - Northwood 2.4GHz - $40 SOLD
    PCI Adaptec 2940UW - $15 SOLD
    Apple Lucent Studio 15" LCD (ADC version) - SOLD
    ADC-DVI adapter like new in box - (only for sale if the Studio display sells - both for V). SOLD
    XLR8 Carrier card - new last year, copy of invoice and OS X SpeedControl (latest) - (will only sell if Randy sells his first).

IBM P3-800MHz Netvista Desktop Machine - will describe further if someone wants Nice shape, runs XP just fine. $50 SOLD

Offers?
    Last edited by rguising; 12-14-2006 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Items sold, descriptions updated
    MacBook Pro Uni 2.4GHz with express card slot

iMac G5

Is your MDD in original box? How about the display?
    Thanks.
    What is your zip to estimate shipping?
    living in a powder keg and giving off sparks

Default MDD & Display

Bif,

We no longer have the box for the MDD, we do have several large Dell boxes and will package it extremely well for shipping. Same for the display.

Zip here is 99577 (Anchorage, AK). Typically like to ship via Fed-ex ground from here (unless you prefer second day air). I will cover shipping costs at the prices listed (Fed-ex ground). If you prefer second day, then all I would ask is the difference btw the ground and air charges. I cannot cover shipping on the IBM P3 and RackMac S900 of course!

Hope this helps.. I am more than willing to exchange whatever info you need. My Ebay feedback is "hifi-nut".

Best,
    Rob

iMac G5

Hate to keep nickle and dimin' you with questions, but...
    What is the video card in the MDD?
    Is the Tiger retail, in other words, can I install in another machine, do I have the license for it?
    Also, that being the case, do you have the original retail discs for the MDD?
    Thanks, again.

Default Questions...

Not a bother at all...

The MDD has a Geforce 4 MX (ADC and DVI ports). Preferred that card over the noisy GF 4 Ti and 9800 Pro cards when we purchased.

Yes, this is the boxed retail Tiger DVD and all documents (for 1 computer of course!)... but its just as you would buy at CompUSA etc., box and all. The Apple mouse and keyboard are brand new and sealed.

We have the original G4 Test CD, and 9.2.x original Apple CD not sure what else but will include what we can find.

Per this groups advice, we did install the G4 (1.42?) Copper heatsink, which really brought the temp readings down. (that was about 1 year ago). It is mint inside, no dust bunnies or other issues. Could probably sell it as a new computer .

iMac G5

Rob, shall we take this discussion off line? Can you give me a phone number or such and we can figure how to iron out the details.
    Last edited by rguising; 01-28-2006 at 02:26 PM.

Default Sure can...

Sending an email now.

iMac G5

Default Questions...

rg,

How deep is the S900?
    Would you sell just the Marathon case? (can't swing the full deal but have to ask)

TIA
    -Billbo
    Bill

"I made a conscience decision in a semi-conscious state"

Default RackMac's

Hi Bill,

Both I believe are the same cases (one just fits the S900 board and the other of course the DA / QS boards).

The S900 dimensions are 18" deep (handles, rack ears removed) x 16.75" wide by 7" tall. I did not measure the G4 RackMac but I believe it to be the exact same case.

I could offer to disassemble the G4 and sell the case only with or without the PSU, is that what you envisioned?

Will post a pic or two here tomorrow, so you know what is available.

Rob

iMac G5

Quote Originally Posted by rguising
    Hi Bill,

Both I believe are the same cases (one just fits the S900 board and the other of course the DA / QS boards).

The S900 dimensions are 18" deep (handles, rack ears removed) x 16.75" wide by 7" tall. I did not measure the G4 RackMac but I believe it to be the exact same case.

I could offer to disassemble the G4 and sell the case only with or without the PSU, is that what you envisioned?

Will post a pic or two here tomorrow, so you know what is available.

Rob

Hey thanks.
    I wish I could swing for the MDD and G4Marathon, but I really need a Rackmount case for my DA.
    I understand not wanting to gut the G4/800 Rack, but if you did what would you want for the S900 and Marathon chasis?
    TIA
    -Billbo
    Bill

Default RackMac's

Bill,

The S900 was priced to sell, I cannot drop much off of $75... Its in pretty nice shape for being a 10+ year old Rack Mount computer. I now see Sonnet has 1GHz upgrades, wonder how that would perform on the 50MHz bus...

I could probably be talked into dismembering the G4 RackMac, the case was purchased for around $490 last year through Marathon.. and has sat in my Theater room since. (needs a better home). Would $350 be out of the question?

Let me know, always willing to take pictures or answer questions. If you go to Marathons page you can still download the DA / QS RackMac case 'guide'.

Edit: Dropped prices on the other items, Bif did not purchase the MDD so it is still for sale.

Best,
    Rob
    Last edited by rguising; 03-10-2006 at 08:43 AM.

iMac G5

Bill,

The S900 was priced to sell, I cannot drop much off of $75... Its in pretty nice shape for being a 10+ year old Rack Mount computer. I now see Sonnet has 1GHz upgrades, wonder how that would perform on the 50MHz bus...

I could probably be talked into dismembering the G4 RackMac, the case was purchased for around $490 last year through Marathon.. and has sat in my Theater room since. (needs a better home). Would $350 be out of the question?

Best,
    Rob
    I agree with the price for the S900.
    I don't think $350 for the Marathon is bad, as it's much kinder than their MSRP, but a lil' steep for me at the moment. Though I'm curious as to what Socket (e.g.-423/478/775) the P4 is.
    If you could figure what shipping for the S900 to 66503 (Kansass) I'm totally interested and I can see no reason why I shouldn't cover shipping it across Canada, and if the P4 isn't a S-423, I could definetly put it to use as well.

TIA
    -Billbo
    Bill

Default Some additional pictures of the S900

Looks like from zip 99577 to you would be about $37. I can leave in the Sonnet G3 upgrade to sweetin the deal (its a 266 I believe). I am not sure there is but ~228MB ram, would have to boot it back up to check. Shipping might end up being slightly less if you do not need a ADB bus keyboard / mouse.

The G4 RackMac is hard to part out.. I just have too much invested to let it go at a cut rate.

P4 Chip is a Northwood, 478 Socket. Can ship that for free .
    Last edited by rguising; 03-11-2006 at 03:45 PM.

iMac G5

Looks like from zip 99577 to you would be about $37. I can leave in the Sonnet G3 upgrade to sweetin the deal (its a 266 I believe). I am not sure there is but ~228MB ram, would have to boot it back up to check. Shipping might end up being slightly less if you do not need a ADB bus keyboard / mouse.

The G4 RackMac is hard to part out.. I just have too much invested to let it go at a cut rate.

P4 Chip is a Northwood, 478 Socket. Can ship that for free .
    I definetly don't need anymore ADB gear and I'm definetly interested in the S900 and P4. Shoot me a e_mail: billbohughes aT nEtScApE dot NeT, be waiting to hear from ya'!
    Bill

Default Email sent - updated list

Bill, sent you an email not sure if you received or not?

Updated list, IBM SOLD

iMac G5