Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5GHz

I didn't do anything....... You did all the hard parts. Heck, you did all the easy parts as well.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Yah, but you were there w/ the part in the first place- and the easy guide ("Burly Maintenance")...

'gurus and mods are priceless support system for power users- specially bleeding-edge or un-common configs... I mean who's using SCSI these days? Not that many typical users best I can figure..

So- MG: not to be taken for granted!

After getting a new Mac Pro, I've re-purposed the G5 Quad as a digital-audio workstation.

This is the initial setup:
    G5 Quad with 16GB Macgurus RAM running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and GarageBand 5.
    That's an Apogee Duet firewire audio interface, and M-Audio CX8 powered speakers.

I've removed the noisy nVidia 7800GTX GPU, replacing it with the original fanless nVidia 6800 GPU.
    I also removed the ATTO UL5D PCI.

The G5 still has the 160GB Raptor as the startup disk, and the 150GB Raptor as the audio work disk. Missing from the pic is the other Burly 2-bay external SATA. I'll continue using the 3 500GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K500 drives to backup this workstation.

Default Problems with Atto PCIe SCSI card in a latest edition G5 quadcore

Hi,

I'm an old Mac user but new to this forum. MacGurus sounds encouraging so I would try your knowledge base for some troubleshooting.

Anybody here that has some experience with Atto PCIe SCSI-cards in a G5 quad running Tiger? I've just put it in my Quad connected via an internal HD68 to 50pin and 50pin to external HD50 connector. The Quad didn't start at first, apparently it tried to start up from my old Microtek scanner

I can see the Atto card in System profile as two pci-bridges in the slot where the Atto card is seated and two Atto Express PCI UL5D cards in slot 7x4 plus under Parallel SCSI I see two SCSI Parallel Domain devices, 0 and 1.

The Atto Configuration Tool didn't install properly and whenever I had the external HD50 connector engaged the Quad wouldn't start, no matter if the scanner was on or off.

So then I uninstalled the Config. Tool and everything works but no cigar. I bought the Atto card especially to keep using my Microtek Scanmaker III.

What can I possibly try to get my setup working again?

TIA for your replies, best regards,

Jörg from the Netherlands.
    Last edited by yawg; 04-21-2018 at 11:30 AM.

If I remember right the firmware version is the key to getting along with the driver and operating system being used.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin