Thread: installing install update in OSX

Default installing install update in OSX

Finally installed both OSX (10.0.3 & 10.1.3) onto a Beige G3 MT no problems so far.

After downloading the 10.1.5 combo update from the apple site only to discover when trying to install the message "installer update required for this update" worked out i needed the installer update to install the update!

Having downloaded the install update opening it & proceeding through the installer until it comes to selecting a destination disk where both the internal disks are dimmed out.

So i am able to proceed with the installation.

Are there other updates that are needed here to get this installed?

Hi,

if I remember well, you I had to install a security update first, then after a restart, the installer update was in the list.

Take a look here first, scroll down till MacOSX 10.1:
    http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/...osupdates.html

Here is a link: Mac OS X 10.1: Chart of Available Software Updates
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106713

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!

I remember that 10.1 and back were very particular about the sequence of how updates were applied....I wanna say you have to get to 10.1.3 before you can apply the 10.1.5 update, and there were several updates required to get to 10.1.3......

Any chance you can get to 10.3 or at least 10.2? Start clean there? Buckets better, easier, faster, and more software will work with it. Lots of stuff needs something like 10.2.4 or newer to work. 10.1 is barely even beta regarding features and bugs.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Got it, download the right installer being the " SecUpd7-18-02forv.10.1.dmg " than installed the " InstallerUpdate1.0.dmg " and finally the " MacOSXUpdateCombo10.1.5.dmg "

So now i have Mac OS 10.1.5 installed! Still have a few updates to install like the Quicktime & Java updates. But at least i have a more stable system to work with.

thanks for the links Nicolas!

Default.

Your welcome!

Glad to help a bit.

But, if you have the chance to get your hands on 10.2 or 10.3 cheap (ebay),
    you should buy it cuz it is more stable and and faster Unc mentioned, most software needs at least 10.2 or 10.3 today.

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!

Default Mac Minds!! I need YOU

What is my machine's problem? Spin DR works for input and output but iTunes ( Vers.4.6, from startup as well as a different app. file from ext drive) cannot play w/o noise and wont import as mp3. Even an iMic output creates this noise, - static mainly. I corrected the Power Point problem by changing display settings, but Preview is still all out of wack (lots of lines and displacement is apparent).I haven't tried booting from OS 9 or Classic but am about to dig out my 9.2.2 and get it in there. It is a 450mHz G4 that seems to have been refinitialized and loaded with OS10.4.2, Adobe CS's, Microsoft bundles and Final Cut.
    ...Reward the Long Day's Toil

Didn't you already have a thread on this issue? Might be better to continue with that for clarity's sake.

I see you're using iTunes 4.6 with Tiger. Are those two compatable? Maybe do a clean install of Tiger on another volume to make sure it's not a system/software related issue. The fact that the noise doesn't exist in other apps suggests that your hardware is OK.