Thread: Pioneer 110D only showing half a DVD!

Default Pioneer 110D only showing half a DVD!

I installed a 110D, replacing a 109 which I sold on, in my 867DP MD G4 and wish I hadn't!
    The drive shows up in Toast 6.1 ok, but when I insert a DVDR, either + or - it gives me a message saying that only 2.9gb available, or on a couple of occasions has said 3.2gb available but then matches the dvd size to the available space and says there isn't enough room.
    I looked for a firmware upgrade, but nothing shows up. I'm running 10.4.2
    Any ideas? Anyone else had similar problems or have I just got a bad one?

Baggy

I have no Tiger or DVD... And I really mean any type of DVD in any computer now thats lame. I tried a few searches off Google, found a few forums but nothing really "jumped out" look at these to see if there is help.
    Pioneer DVD 110D forum
    Google
    Mac firmware

Good Luck,
    Randy

Lightbulb

Check back at www.xlr8yourmac.com which mentions new firmware (PC req'd) and what it does. ALWAYS good to keep your old model as spare until you know everything is working.

Thanks for the info.
    I had found the dvd forum and they also recommend updating the firmware. Haven't got a pc though, none of my friends have either, converted them all a long time ago!
    I have still got a 105, but I don't think that will burn the 8x media that I now have.
    I sold the 109 because one of my clients needed a burner in a hurry, I wouldn't normally leave myself vulnerable like this, but having said that, better that I find the problems than have to deal with them on site adnd not be able to resolve it.
    I did manage to burn a dvd tonight using discburner which was a painful experience. Total crap compared to Toast, problem is I haven't got a clue what I'm doing with that so burned a video dvd that won't play!
    Anym idea how to make that work? I have the two standard folders, Video_RM and Video_TS but it came up in the DVD player, and on the mac just ignoring it and saying wrong format resepctively! Clearly I have something in the wrong place. I'm used to fixing problems and keeping them running, not using this type of software!