Thread: Video Capture Sound problem

Default Video Capture Sound problem

I have a Beige G3/300 MT and are trying to record video to disk but the Audio seems to be reorded at half speed the video is fine.

I tried both S-video and composite video input source's for the video and all the various sound input settings.

Even trying different compression settings.

The sound source plays thru fine with the video but with captured playback the sound is half speed.

I am using apple video player 1.7.2 and a Samsung DVD player, Mac OS9.2

Has anyone encoutered this problem? I don't know if it would be hardware or software related.

Default Video Capture Sound problem

I have a titanium G4 1.25 running 10.3.9 and ecountered the same problem in i-movie importing footage direct from the video camera via firewire. It only happened once and was a one off. I don't know how it put itself right, although during the troubleshooting process I checked everything. Is your sound input set at 44.1 or 48k? Do the original sound redord settings differ from your import settings? Has it just started happening to your exsisting setup, or is this a new setup for you?

G

Looks like a sample rate issue to me.

I don't know what options you have available, but check to be sure your sample rates match up. If your sound settings on playback are higher than what was imported it would have the effect of "slowing down" the audio. It could aslo be a mismatch between the original audio, and the import settings.

Lightbulb

Curious how much memory; whether you are using a 2nd dedicated drive, and whether it is a scratch/erase or on PCI versus using the boot drive - would any of those be a factor?

Native ATA is limited to 16-18MB/sec if the drive has adequate space (and will drop off in half as the drive reaches 50% full) - and that is at best.

I have a Beige MT sitting around (no longer in use) and never tried doing any video, maybe I should try it.

Yes i think it's a sample rate issue I tried another programme called BTVpro which has more options for sound compression of which i only found a few that played back properly and of course the default sound setting (16bit,44Khz)works fine.

Although having tackled the sound problem at hand there isn't that much in terms of video compression for this particular programme. Does anyone know of a programme that would have more advance compression options?

Ram is 384mb running an 80gb Seagate hard drive of a Turbomax66 PCI controller. This is the boot drive and no secondary drive for the destination files.