Thread: Inserting DVD drive into Quicksilver

Question Inserting DVD drive into Quicksilver

Hi, This is my very first time at this. I am attempting to insert a DVD drive into my G4 quicksilver in order to move to Tiger. However, the metal casing on the lower drive space is proving impossible to shift. The instructions that came with the drive seem to be for the old beige model as it suggests using a paper clip! If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Cheers G

Maybe this will help:

http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_cente...cksilver72.pdf

You'll need to remove the face place as well.

Gordy,

welcome to MacGurus. There's a downloadable G4 manual with take apart instructions and illustrations at Whoopis.com. It's called PowerMac_G4.pdf and you'll find it way down the page under "Extra and NEW manuals (not from this CD):"

biggles.
    "illegitimis non carborundum"

Default thanks

Thanks guys, have got the DVD drive installed. Great...........however!!!!!!! Another problem has arisen. I inserted the install disk for Tiger and it encountered a problem when scanning the disk, I then tried another (friends) Tiger install disk and the same thing happened. So I skipped that and went for the install, which resulted in only a partial or incomplete install. I then tried to re-install Panther and start again, but all I get is the "no entry" sign occasionally (I've tried many times) followed by a kernel panic.

This really is testing the Zen part of my personality, as I feel a complete dunce in the face of that computer! Could it be the dual processors I've installed? They were recommended for this model, and should not be a problem.

Thanks again,

G

Could it be the dual processors I've installed? They were recommended for this model, and should not be a problem.
    I do not think so. I can't recall a problem because of the upgrade. Which processor brand and model number?

I have a QS 2001 but no DVD or Tiger still running 10.3.9. I have never encountered problems after going from the stock 733MHz to a DP 1.33 Giga - Randy