Thread: Seritek/1S2 & Maxtor Diamondmax10 300gig sata

Default Seritek/1S2 & Maxtor Diamondmax10 300gig sata

I've just installed a 1S2 board and a serial Maxtor diamondMax 10 300gig drive on my G4 dp450 running OSX PANTHER 10.3.9 and os9.2.2 on a separate partition. I duplicated my operating systems using SuperDuper onto the Maxtor. Everything works fine except when I boot up in
    OS9 whether it is the dupe on the maxtor or the original none of the volumes created on the Maxtor are visible and concurrently a OS X app, Print CD by epson no longer works when I go to print a CD, A window pops up saying go to the chooser to select the printer. I am currently working with Epson and getting nowhere. The printer works properly otherwise. If you have any thoughts on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Partition sizes? OS 9 boot volume has to 195GB or less.

Default Os 9 partion

I have the OS 9 partion at 5GB

ex-Cupertino, CA, USA. Now HU+SRB (Europe).

- You probably will be better served copying MacOS-9 from disk to disk "by hand" using Finder's copy rather using SuperDuper. I have no idea what SuperDuper is doing, but using anything "third party" for simple task of cloning an OS installation is overkill and could bring you some trouble.

- Both Panther and Tiger can be cloned easily with DiskUtility. That made SuperDuper or similar tools for this task obsolete. Go to Disk Utility which is under /Application/Utilities, click on (any) drive on the left side. That will display several tabs on the right side. On the right side click on the "restore" (rightmost) tab. Than choose the source and destination disk and click on "restore". This will duplicate the source into destination. This will consume three mouseclicks and two drag-and-drop actions.

- Make sure both you volumes on Maxtor are re-formated before you copy or clone anything: we never know what bugs are in SuperDuper, and it is a good idea to clean up everything before you re-create the "9" and "X" installation.

- The problem with Epson's application will likely go away after you re-install both OS-es.

Default OS 9 ok

I feel like Super Duper infected my computer and I can't get rid of it. I did totally reformat my new maxtor drive and that enabled OS 9 to recognize the various partions and I restored Panther to a partion on the Maxtor from a totally separate backup, never touched by Super Duper and moved it with Disk utility. I deleted all versions of OS 9 reinstalled my epson R300 software, and I still can't get the Print CD App to print to the Epson, I still get the error window which indicates classic is running in the background, but there is no OS9 any where at the moment, so I'm not quite sure what to do next, everything else seems to be ok, I don't want to trash everthing for one app.