Thread: Winky, Blinky B&W

Default Winky, Blinky B&W

Really, I thought it was a short. But darned if I can find one.

It's happened few times in the last couple of months. Whether you turn it on with the keyboard power button or the button on the case - you get a blink, the lights wink, and then nothing. You can fiddle around with it trying a few times and it will catch and boot. Runs without a problem.

Last few days, it's gotten worse - so I got the bright light out and pulled the power supply. Checked all of the wireing - no galls. Nothing visible. Externally or inside the power supply. Taped off a couple of the harness contact points to be sure. Didn't help.

I don't have much plugged up to it. Couple of powered speakers and a firewire drive. Got the Radeon 9200 and Seritek card in the PCI bus.

Not sure if it's the power supply or the circuit board switch on the front. I suppose it it were the switch, powering up from the keyboard would not be a problem, unless these are connected.

Sound familiar to anyone?

PRAM battery? Sometimes marginal ones will cause cold boot issues.

Ooo, I've got a fresh one. Let me try that.

Thanks

Na, still does it.

Humm . . .

Got another keyboard you can try? Sometimes the circuitry under the power button can go intermittently bad with various results. k

Hi K,

Yeah, I've got one somewhere. I'll try that out.

If that does not do it - am I right in assuming it is a power supply issue? Is there any way to tell?