Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: G5 2.7GHz

No backup battery packs anymore form APC

The RS1500 isn't that old...

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!

The RS1500 isn't that old...
    No it's not but as soon as APC comes out with a newer model, the older model becomes vintage and they stop supporting batteries for it. My take anyway. k

Wow, that is a big change, and a sad one.

In the past, I have been surprised how long they have supported older models. 5+ years.

OTOH, it could be......not so much supporting older models, but that the newer models use the same model battery. Better for them and us - less to support, less confusion finding the right battery.

Wonder if they are intentionally changing batteries to EOL older units? That model could well back fire on them.

In the past there were a few third party companies doing replacement batteries for APC stuff. Wonder if they are still available?

I too have looked at other brands in the past. Had some bad experiences with some Belkin units on workstations, but good experiences with both Minuteman and Powerware in server racks.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

I did do a Google search for the batteries and all I came up with were complaints about the batteries not being available. But somebody must have them. k

Did Geekbench on my G5 a couple of days ago.

No idea why it scored better this time. k

BTW, Geekbench only measures processor and memory performance, not graphics adapters. k

I have a new utility for combining pdf files. Saved each original page as a .png file. Within Preview converted and saved each page as an Adobe .pdf file. Then used CombinePDFs, freeware for up to 1000 pages, to save all of the pages as a single pdf file and named and saved it. CombinePDFs is marvelously easy to use. I have used 38 pages on this one project and have other utilities but none are as convenient to use.
    CombinePDFs k

I had a Maxtor 1-Touch that had USB/FW. The problem I had with it was it would put itself to sleep if inactive for a short period, and then I couldn't wake the damn thing up. The included Mac utility program wouldn't let me change the sleep setting. I had to hook it up to a PC to do that.

After I got that straightened out it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
    I had a Maxtor 1-Touch that had USB/FW. The problem I had with it was it would put itself to sleep if inactive for a short period, and then I couldn't wake the damn thing up. The included Mac utility program wouldn't let me change the sleep setting. I had to hook it up to a PC to do that.

I have to ask, why would anyone register for a forum to post something on a 10 year old thread?
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by M.Brane View Post

Bot plaigarism. LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this kind of thing.This has got to be one of the least useful posts ever, and yet, bot or person, it took the time to create it. I'll end up deleting all this eventually, but was enjoying the irony. Plus I REALLY wanted to see if an answer was possible from the poster.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

I was waiting too