Thread: 10.3.6 update.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question 10.3.6 update.......

Has anyone done it yet?
    TZ I know you probly are testing it right now. How is it?
    Just looking for some preinstall results. I can't find anything on apple discussions yet.
    If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be me

Did two machines at work: My 1.25 MDD G4 with the downloaded delta upgrade from 10.3.5, and a coworker's upgraded AGP G4 using Software Update from 10.3.3. No real testing yet, but no issues or problems with either box.

Won't have an opinion until Monday or Tuesday....

Really waiting for the Combo.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Lightbulb Combined Update 10.3.6

Combined update 91.7 MB is now here.
    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...te_10_3_6.html

Went with Software Update (Download package) on MDD and went fine.
    Used the 34MB Standalone update on B&W. Works. Took a long time after for the optimizing routines, even though it uses 15K boot drive on 39160 in the faster 66 MHz slot.

Downloading the 92MB Combined Update takes 15 minutes on 768K DSL.

I went for the massive Combined update. Took close to 30 minutes over Airport/wireless setup.

No problems to report using the Combined update. Dumped my caches, include the extension caches after words just in case.

Of course, TZ's advice always in play. Keep/make a backup in case something goes wrong.

Supposed to be new ATI drivers. Seem to have fixed a flicker I used to see with Mozilla when big pages were completed downloaded. During the download the pages would render, but the 'final' render was preceded by a flicker -- seems to be gone now.

Lightbulb

Eric,

That is wireless via satellite DSL of course, right?

I guess 3MB per minute is still quite good. Can't image what 3Mbps cable would be

When an installer runs it is suppose to touch
    Extensions.kextcache
    Extensions.mkext

Which then triggers a full rebuilt. Unlike ATTO installers in the past that skipped some of the rules.

The ATI Displays 4.4.1 was posted recently. Is that going to be newer than what is in this? There is a bug in 4.4.1 affecting ATI mobility Radeons that is fixed in 4.4.2.

Will be interesting to see what people blame or find with this update.

Did the Software Update for 10.3.6 on my QS/PF. So far so good. Think I'll hold off on the MDD. k