Thread: ATI Radeon 7000 glitch

Default ATI Radeon 7000 glitch

I have a flashed 64 MB Radeon 7000 card that I'm using in a beige machine with a Sonnet G4/1 GHz ZIF upgrade. Some of my icons exhibit a slightly blurred look, and certain CDs display visual distortions that I wasn't seeing before I installed the video card. I know that it isn't the fault of the processor upgrade card because I removed it for testing purposes & still got the strange visual effects. Has anyone run into this sort of phenomenon with these flashed cards? If so, I may opt to get an original 32 MB Radeon 7000 video card, or maybe wait for the new ATI Radeon 9200 PCI cards to come out.

Lightbulb Beige w/ Flashed PC Radeon

I thought that was normal

Is this with 10.3.4 or 5? Maybe you can find if someone has solved the problem or tell you why. Some PC Radeon's exhibit a problem, some don't. Depends mostly on the original type of 64MB Radeon I think. Most likely find the XPostFacto forum Radeon 9100 PCI with numerous people who have done same.

Note: XPF forum is now http://forum.macsales.com

If it all works, should be a nice system.
    Last edited by TZ; 08-14-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Default Re: ATI Radeon 7000 glitch

To TZ:

Actually, I've experienced none of the distorted visual effects in OS X, including OS 10.3.5 which I'm running now. It's only when I'm booted into OS 9.2.2 that I see any of these weird artifacts. I see this especially when I try to modify an icon with another image or by changing its color.

Thanks for the link to the XPF forum. I'll scout it out for any leads.

Lightbulb

Oh well, I assumed it was 10.3.x - I suspect OS 9 doesn't quite know what to make or what extensions to use... maybe if ATI ever posts updated drivers for OS 9 someday.

I didn't see anything really new over on that forum but seems 10.3.5 is going strong on Beige.