Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: P/Book Titanium 400(Locked Logic Board)

Rolleyes

and I must become Pearaholic?

say no more,

say, harvester, did you try the memory trick?
    "illegitimis non carborundum"

I do remember someone posting a solution that was pulling the RAM out. But I can not remember what the problems/issues are or were. I just remember thinking that it seemed strange - but worked. I assume a different problem because if it were the same problem I think it would have made a few electrons click in my old tired brain.

This is a tough one but Kaye, unclemac, and Ricks sure have seemed to cover all the bases looking for info.

You would think Mfg could do some thing.

Wink Re: Locked Logic Board.

Hey guys,

Sorry its been a little hectic and we havent had a chance to play with the PowerBook. Lots of other machines to prep. Keep the beer on ice, I'm sure we will get a result. Your info has been first rate as usual. Will keep you posted..I've gotta tell you though with a password lock on both the Logic and the OS, it makes for some pretty intensive troubleshooting. There are a few apps that we could use if we could get into the OS..IF!!!
    If nothing else I guess it has provided us all with a little entertainment.

Will get back to you,

harvester.

rwm,

I think you are remembering Greentree's voodoo solution to a no boot problem that Damien had here http://www.macgurus.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=11 or full thread here http://www.macgurus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13832 k

Kaye

I actually thought there were two the one your referring to and a "RAM specific" one. But there just to many things I have read over the years to remember it clearly.

Greentrees voodoo is one to hang on to.

Randy

Rolleyes Way overdue reply.

Hi,

Sorry I was perusing the site and discovered this thread which I failed to respond to only three years ago. Better late than never, and I guess if the beer is still on ice, it would BE ice by now. The remedy for anyone who is interested still was to change the state of the Memory. Eg if you have two 512mb sticks remove one of them leaving only one 512 and then reset the PRAM. This removes the Open firmware lock on ANY machine. Im certain you probably already know that by now...

Regards,
    Ben.