Thread: New ATI Radeon 9200 Mac PCI cards...

Default New ATI Radeon 9200 Mac PCI cards...

Might possibly be old news to more than a few of you, but OWC is taking preorders. Don't really see any mac specific news on ATI's site but here's the listing for OWC...

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_It...m=ATI100436011

enjoy
    kj

Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads-up. I had no idea this was in the works, and may be in the market for a new PCI video card soon.

They demoed it way back at MacWorld in Jan....

They had a BW out one day, but not the next. I did not get a chance to look at it, but what else could be in a BW?

The ATI rep I asked about would *kinda* confirm it was in the works, and would *probably* be 128 meg and a replacement for the 7000....
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

OWC has been engaging in vaporware video cards all year. In this case, MacZone was expecting the PCI 9200 this week but then changed it to June 30th, and for $120.

There is a market for PCI video cards. Not just B&W and beige.

I've also noticed more than a couple 7000's with 64MB on ebay. People are listing them as Mac cards. I'm assuming someone has figured out how to flash the PC versions over.

All the above appear to be QuartzExtreme enabled as well.

later
    kj

Yes, most of those on ebay are flashed. Easy to do with access to a Mac and a PC, but hard to find cards with a big enough ROM for Mac firware, plus folks report sleep (and other) problems.... Watch out.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Quote Originally Posted by unclemac
    Yes, most of those on ebay are flashed. Easy to do with access to a Mac and a PC, but hard to find cards with a big enough ROM for Mac firware, plus folks report sleep (and other) problems.... Watch out.
    Yeah, I figured as much. I'd rather wait for the real thing than take my chances on a used/flashed card. I'm in no hurry.