Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Checking Memory Specs

While your wiping the foam off your lips Mad dog I'll get the pooper scooper!

By the way - Kayes been innocently pulling your chain.

In this thread she describes products she's bought from Mac Gurus and OWCH.

In case your interested kaye here's what you really bought:

KM= Samsung Memory
    4= DRAM Family
    8= Organization (x8)
    C= Operating Volatage (5.0v)
    8= Depth (8mb)
    1= 4k (When 64Mb device)
    0= FP Mode
    0= dual entry reserved for EDO/ FPM QUAD CAS/ EDO QUAD CAS
    A= SECOND GENERATION
    S= TSOP TYPE 2 (LEGS ON SIDES, NOT ENDS)
    -6 = 60 NS

Samsungs Current website (samsungsemi.com) never has nor ever will describe 64mb dram as 2k refresh. 4k Yes, 8k yes, 2k No, No, No.

Sure i saw all the links Chipmunks, Et al. But do your self a favor and check the only site that matters: Samsung The FABRICATORS. Everone else is just a reporter.

Every other Major Fabricator Details the same info. Shocking.

Now the final Point: When you stick 16 of these 4k devices on a stick, unless you have some advanced electronics, you cannot down convert the refresh rate or split banks. Even with the "hocus Pocus" technology kaye talked about earlier
    it wouldnt make sense. No major fabricator site describes these or any other single of double bank Dimms using 64mb technology as 2k. Because they dont exist.

!!!Please see new thread for my free processor upgrade offer!!!

So let's stop telling some of these poor guys that these modules are 2k per or side, or what ever.

On to the dampered buffered BS tommorow!!!

Out.

MacCrusader:

I've been away for awhile and have no idea what has been going on on these forums during that time. Also, I don't remember you from the past.

The first thread that I checked happened to be this one and I'm appalled by your rudeness and arrogance. I don't have the foggiest idea what your problem is but your kind of behavior is not allowed on these forums by anyone. To make matters worse, you are attacking Kaye, who most likely knows more about many more subjects than you ever will know, considering your attitude.

If you feel that someone gave an incorrect answer, then make a civilized correction stating your case and credentials. Your postings are insulting and you owe Kaye and all the other members an apology.

As of right now, get your act together or your will become short history on these forums.

[This message has been edited by Louie (edited 25 July 2001).]

Senor Louie,

Is it more offensive to call peolple idiots or to confront those creating pushing false ideas?

I did not start the name calling i merely referenced previous threads.

As for my credentials, I'm actually more concerned yours and the rest of the kids in the hall. I'm not the one spreading bogus tech info.

I'll bet you wont take me up the free processor upgrade offer!

Still goose eggs on that thread Louie, Louie.

And as far as kaye is concerened I dont mind her knowlege exceeding mine, I'd love to ask her for advice on occasion. But like she said to me "prove it, show us" Well maybe she needs a new processor upgrade.

With all you smarties and test equipment, I'm quite sure these answers are right there arent they!

This is not a chat room or newsgroup; it is a moderated forum with rules which you are not following.

I don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about in you last post, so you words are wasted on me.

I'm leaving you up until the owner of these forum has a chance to see your posts.

Louie,

You may be right, you said you were away somewhere for awhile. So let's recap:

I'm guessing these forums are places where the average guy who needs help can get good answers. It seems to me that some of the moderators are less than factual. I'm not quite sure as to why just yet...Are these honest mistakes due to laziness?...Browsers unable to be directed at a Major Dram Fabricators Sites?

Look at all the brilliant work that went into this site - I'ts the best i've ever seen and this includes the Pc world (at least on par with Tom's Hardware)

So all of a sudden you see these subtle disinformation campaigns: The 128mb 2k per side issue, The "dampered" Buffer issues, the Date code thing.

Maybe you can tell me what's going on? Are these moderators attemting to change the facts for some unknown reason, Or like i said, are these honest mistakes?

Think about this for a second: If MacGurus are the only people on this planet selling 128mb dimms that are 2k per side, and every one else like Viking, Centon, Golden Ram and all the large and even smaller resellers are selling 4k modules, Given the depth of correct information found elsewhere here, who's going to challege this? who going to "gamble some where else"

I have even scarier facts to come!

But if you or the management feel compelled to boot me out because i seek the truth then go ahead, Boot me. And while your at it boot out the next guy that try to get at the truth.

If my tactics are offensive, sorry. I never meant to offend anyone ( well, except one guy - sorry, he's the biggest BSr on the net, and he doenst work here)I'm just following examples laid out by the kids in the hall and other members like your self.

P.S. check your date codes!!!

easy, now.

1. we need to make allowances for others who are writing in English, when it may not be their native, first language.

2. we need to make allowances for differences in personalities. Most of us are geeks, with less than award-winning social skills. Just be cool, and be easy on one another, people.

that said:

3. Kaye is an esteemed, highly-valued and admired senior moderator on these forums, and while we are all fallible, Kaye, more than any other respected senior member of our community, must be addressed with politeness and consideration. If you have a correction to make, please do make it, but do not denigrate Kaye. None of us is more selfless and helpful than he. None of us deserves the appreciation of a wider public more than Kaye. He routinely goes above and beyond to help folks he has never met, and never will.

4. Do not run afoul of Louie or Kaye. These gentlemen are very cool, but they do not tolerate rudeness or bullying behavior, nor should anyone expect them to do so. They both have license to pull the trigger and boot anyone they please on these forums.

thanks for reading, and thanks for heeding.

and now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....

MacCrusader:

We all love the truth here. We all detest rude, arrogant assholes that don't follow the rules.

You jumped in on 22 July and have posted on several threads, most of which were semi-dormant. It appears from all of your posts that your purpose was to insult people. We will not buy that. If you make any more such posts, each of them will be deleted and after about two more like that you posting priviledges will be denied.

In addition, because you went after Kaye, who happens to be one of the greatest and most knowledgeable guys around and a personal friend of mine, don't even think about posting again unless the first thing you type is a personal apology to him.

These forums have been on line for about 15 months and we've had hundreds of posters. Of those, only about three have been assholes. The other two are gone. Now straighten up you kit or move on!

I have noticed that there is a member of this forum with the user name MacCrusader that people have become perturbed with. As the webmaster of the former Mac evangelist site The MacCrusader (a non profit, site back in the troubled times of Apple circa 1997). I would like to state that I am not that person, nor affiliated with him in any way. Please do not associate him with me or my former site. I know this is terribly off-topic but I felt it necessary to clear my name. Thanks!

------------------
    -Greg

never fear!