Thread: Cheetah ST3146807LC with 80-68 SCA adapter ok for ext raid?

Hypermicro has the cheetah ST3146807LC with a 80-68 pin SCA adapter for $349. I'm wondering if it's ok to use these drives with the adapters in the burly enclosures recommended by the gurus on this site. Will they fit with the adapters? Is there some kind of loss when adapting LC to LW? The price is right so I thought I would ask.

Well, the Gurus Store is open for one thing. I just picked up some 10K 36GB 68-pin drives for $148 that do 70MB/sec, but can't compete on 146GB for $349. Do you WANT a factory recertified, one year warranty?

Always nice to have the link:

http://www.hypermicro.com/store/scsihdd.htm

It is a risk but with my budget hmmm... Then again? But the real point to my question are these 80-68 pin adapters: Is there anything would prevent or make difficult these drives being installed into the 8 bay enclosures that macgurus sells?

I have a Gurus 8-bay Burly. There is about 10" between the rear of my drives and the backplane of the Burly. I have my drives installed in Ultimate Coolers which pushes the drives back about 2". If you just mount the drives in the case without coolers, then you have roughly 12" clearance in the rear. k