Thread: ram/hardware tests for 68k's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

good morning all.

well i've finally gotten around to actually setting up a X10 home automation controller out of my trustly old se/30.

my question is this... does anyone know of any exhaustive ram/processor/hardware testing software (similar to power ctrl/frax) that i could run on a overnight basis to check for any reliability issues.

i suppose a worst case scenario is to let it chew on afterdark modules for a while but i was hoping for something a little more intense.

thanks
    kj

ps: anyone tried to plug a daystar turbo 040 into the pass thru of a se/30 ethernet card or is this problematic. ofcourse space considerations aside (i found a pds extension card that rise six inches at fry's, appears to be same slot connection as mobo).

In the 680x0 era I used Maxa's Snooper v2.0 to test hardware. The about box lists copyright 1993 Maxa Corp, Glendale Ca 800-788-6292. I've seen it on eBay for dirt cheap.

Explicitly Covers Mac Plus thru Quadra 950. Main Menu
    - Logic board
    - Disk Tests
    - Video tests
    - Audio tests
    Also tested RAM, CPU, CoProcessor, Accelerator, ADB, PRAM, display PRAM, and included loopback dongles for serial ports.

--
    There was a version with a NuBus card that I never encountered.

------------------
    ricercar

My SE/30 was supposed to be a SE/x,
    but that never made it past Apple marketing.

[This message has been edited by ricercar (edited 17 October 2001).]

The slot in the SE/30 is a 030 Processor Direct Slot. The Daystar Turbo 040 was designed for the Cache Slot of the IIci. There were adaptors to fit it into various other models. I have the adaptor for the II that fitted it into the 020 processor socket. Without an adaptor, it would not fit into the SE/30

If your SE/30 Ethernet Card has a NuBus connector, I have the old NuBus Snooper that I could let go cheap. Let me know.

thanks for the help,

check out this website... http://www.artmix.com/j_home.html

it is in japanese so go through altavista's babelfish for translation. specifically follow the links for the twinsparks adapter and the asante/xceed adapter.

not to mention the site is chock full of goodies. break out the credit card though.

if i read the pdf for the twinspark correctly i believe one could have a 040 powered grayscale SE/30. ofcourse you could have a powermac for the investment, but still.

kjay

hey...

concerning my last post, i did read the pdf wrong on the twinspark adapter. apparently there is a firmware issue in the xceed video products (video card and adapter for greyscale in se/30) that cause the incompatibility.

all i can say is japanese to english doesn't translate too well.

hola'
    kjay