Thread: What PCI Firewire/USB Combo Card do u use?

Curious as to which Firewire/USB COmbo card people are using. I tried an Orange Micro, it had Lucent chipset, but no power connector, sent it back. Had USB probs after putting it in, and they reccomend the card be in the bus mastering slot, slot 1 on my 7500, the warm happy home for my UW Jackhammer.

From what I read and hear, it sounds like Ratoc uses slower NEC Chipset, but has power connector.

Anyone else using anything different? What was your experience??

Well,

One thing to consider is that the JackHammer is comfy pretty much anywhere I've put one.

Check around, but you might find moving the JackHammer is the best way to go.

I have an evergreen combo card. I like it. it has 5 firewire outputs (4 outside 1 internal) and 2 usb ports. Only thing I wish it had us a direct line to the power supply. Not bad for $85 when I bought it a year and a half ago.

DimsumBoy,

WHat machine are you using it in??

i still like the RATOC, if you really need a combo card.

kingbee,

sorry it took so long to answer your question. i forgot about this post. i'm using the firewire/usb card in a 9500. i don't believe it has a power connector internally though. also if you're interested in the chip, it uses a Ti.

Dan