Thread: PowerMac 9500 box or bits

I have a PowerMac 9500 kind of "exploded" in my den. I took it completely apart in preparation for painting the case. I got the metal part sanded down then got to looking at the plastic parts and wondering if painting the plastic was such a good idea.

Long story short (too late, I know) I decided to just part with my old friend. I've had it for about 6 years (July 1996, I think).

All the bits are there for a working PM9500. It just needs to be re-assembled.
    I've decided I don't want it anymore.

Here's the bits inside:
    180Mhz 604E (also have original 120Mhz)
    256Mb RAM (2 64Mb, 1-128Mb all FPM -- works with a G4 450 just fine BTW)
    600i CD-ROM
    manual inject floppy
    ATI Mach 64 (2MB) video card
    2 Gb Quantum hard drive (with MacOS 9.1 installed)
    512K Cache
    Apple Design Extended keyboard and mouse
    Internal SCSI terminator

Additional goodies:
    External Apple SCSI cable
    External SCSI terminator
    Zip drive bezel, cable stub and bracket.
    Several extra drive sleds.

The whole thing has been cleaned thoroughly (I never imagined there could be THAT much dust in a power supply ).

Everything on the machine works.

I would be willing to sell parts or the whole machine. The metal part of the case will be primed but not painted. I will include Krylon paint (medium grey, purple and blue).

I thought about listing this on eBay but that seemed a bit philistine for a machine that's been so good over the years. Sadly, the machine is probably worth less than it would cost to ship it. (Atlanta area could pick it up...)

I can provide pictures if anyone is interested.

Cheers all.

I'm currently building a 95/9600 hybrid for a friend and I'm trying to get the 9600 PS to work with the 9500 mobo...but if I find it too difficult to do I'll likely want to buy a 9500 PS...would you be willing to sell just the PS?

BTW I'm also interested in the RAM and HDD...any idea on how much you want for the bits?

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

I had not thought that much about what the bits might be worth...

I figure the power supply is probaby worth about $20. I assume you would want the power connection cable, too (the short 20 pin cable that goes from the PSU to the logic board.)

The ram is probably worth about $50.

Let me know.

Cheers all,
    Bruce

Oops, forgot about the HD question.

The HD is probably worth about $15.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Well, I've got the hard drive, cache, video card and RAM are sold. Anyone interested in any of the other bits? I've still got a good CD drive (600i), floppy, two CPU's (120 and 180 604e's), various cables, bezels, sleds, etc. These bits are useless to me now that I don't have any more pre-G3 Macs. So I'm letting all the parts go cheap.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Bruce,

I will take the 180 Mhz 604 off your hands for a modest price. And what cables do you have lying around. I am kind of a cable junkie. Email me privately and we can arrange things.

Rich

All gone, now.

Thanks to everyone that bought something. My wife
    thanks you for clearing my junk out of "her" den.

Bruce

Got the box today.

One word:

WOW!

Thanks for all the "extras". It really helps a junkie like me get his fix. Have to jump inside my "new" 8500 and do some parts-swapping now. The love of my life politely asked (when I got home) "Ummm....what's in that big box that's shaped like another computer?". So, I told her it was just a few extra parts, not a whole computer. Kind of a white lie...but there was no power supply, so it technically wasn't a whole computer, right?

Seriously, thanks a bunch. From your den to mine.

Rich,

Glad it got there safely. That PM9500 was the last of my legacy macs (well, except for my 128K Mac which I'll never part with). There wasn't any point in keeping any of the Beige Mac stuff I had left. So I put it all in the box.

Hope you enjoy all the new toys...

Cheers all,
    Bruce