Thread: Wanted: Card to run OS X on my 9600

Hi,
    I am still doing the student thing as well as other factors in the budget department. But I really do need a good video card, pci, for making my 9600 run (well) in OS X. A Rage Orion, 32, I believe would be ideal. But they are too high on ebay for me just now.

Please keep me in mind should you have a card you are willing to trade/sell/git rid of.

Thanks.
    lb

How 'bout a Radeon 7000? They're getting pretty cheap online...plus you get the dual head capability. Just a thought.

Unfortunately the 7000 is not supposed to work in the 9600 with system X. Something about dual heads. I read about it in the XLR8yourmac.com forums in a couple of places.
    http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/Graphics/..._feedback.html

I wish it was as simple as just picking up a new one... I WISH. Although the link is suggesting that a recent patch of OS X to OS 10.1.5 Update "M A Y" have solved the problem. If so, great. I will either buy new or perhaps, since other solutions would now be available, perhaps prices for B&W cards on ebay would fall from the stratosphere. But either way, after tasting OS X, I want more, MORE I TELLS YA. ;-)

Now if I can just get these durn iMac restore disks to cough up their secrets.

lb