Thread: Volumes not seen on desktop!

Hello

I am running Panther 10.3.3 with the latest updates...sometimes I seem to have a problem with volumes being seen by Classic!
    Lets say I mount my server, or a CD/DVD to my desktop and launch Classic...then I launch Quark 4 and I go to open a file from either the server volume or the CD/DVD I can see them mounted on the desktop without problem...However if I mount a volume or CD/DVD after I have Classic already running I cannot see these on the desktop. For me to see them through Quark I have to restart Classic and then the volumes can be accessed.
    Yet on another machine in the same operating enviroment volumes can be mounted and removed at will and can be seen by Classic applications without restarting Classic!

Is there a control or preference that I can control on my machine to allow me to see these volumes that have been mounted after Classic is already running, that will not require me to restart the Classic enviroment to be accessed???

Thanks for your help

Default So no one can offer any suggestions???

Without a single response I guess that no one here can even make a suggestion to my query?

Any ideas would be appreciated and helpful...

Regards,
    206Pilot

Unhappy

206Pilot

Sorry your post got lost in the shuffle. I myself have really never used classic enough to advise much - I jumped right into OS X except for 1 Application and I boot into 9.2 for that.

Others should see this now and I'll give it some time to sink into my thick skull and hopefully find a solution.

Thanks for the input on the Dual freezing up.

Randy

Yet on another machine in the same operating enviroment volumes can be mounted and removed at will and can be seen by Classic applications without restarting Classic!
    What are the two different machines? Any hardware modifications to them?

Default The different machines...mine and the others!

Hi

Well there are a dozen production Macs here..all with slightly different hardware configurations (does Apple ever build any two alike??? Different vendors and such...)
    Different video cards, different gigabyte cards, different hard drives...the only real common factor here is that they, mine and the other machines are running 10.3.4 as of 26June!

I'd like to list everything that is different about the machines...but there are so many differences it is just too much!

Regards,
    206Pilot