Thread: server 9 and 10.3??

we have a os9 server.we've installed panther on 2 machines.powerbook and an imac blue n white.both have a hard time with connections to the system.in server connect sheet it has icons of osx2 macs n pcs but not the 9s.at times we cant connect to other macs.at later times we will get a connection from a mac we didnt even try to connect to.is panther flaky with server connections.what is problem and is this common.thnx.we lose connection a lot and sometimes in the middle of a task it'll say lost connection but it did nt.

posecap

Man-o-man(!) did we go after a similar one in here but never arrived at a resolution.

Some of the basics still call for checking:

- Do all of the AFP servers have file-sharing over TCP/IP enabled?

- Is AppleTalk switched on in the Networking Prefs Panel on the OS X machines?

- Is AppleTalk switched on in the AppleTalk CP on the OS 9 hosts?

On the OS X machines, you can test pinging of the OS 9 hosts if you know their addresses via /Applications/Utilities/Network Utility.

Jazzbo

thanks jazzbo,i found out appletalk is inactive by default in directory access.so i have to find out when i get back to work.thnx all.
    solution :go to applications/utilities/directory access.check appletalk which is unchecked.

posecap

Did anything Jazzbo offer help or was it something else? Nice to know how things turn out.

thanks fellas,it was the directory access utility.appletalk was unchecked and it was active in sys prefs.it is good now.all in synch,9 and X computers on 9 server.

posecap