Thread: I am tired and stupid.. easy question

My 60 gig is set up for OS X except the last 4 gigs it is a OS 9.

I reformatted my 40 gig so that the larger part of it is OS X and a 12 gig partition for 9.2

Now my OS X on the 40 gig wants to use the 60 gigs OS 9 for Classic. NO NO I want Classic to startup off the 40 gig with the system 9 on it.

Oh why did I do this today. I missed my email backup and forgot my main word processing. bummer

Randy

Randy, go to /Applications/System preferences/Classic. You should see both your 9 systems listed under 'Select a startup volume for Classic:' Just hilight the one you want to use for Classic..

Geo

OK - I should have not touched computers today. To much other crap going on today. Both OS X's are 10.1.5

I can forget about the 60 gig. I can reinstall everything there. I took OS 9.2.x off the small partition of the 60 gig - so it won't fight. I just want the 40 gig running OS 9, Classic, and OS X.

My question - I have AppleWorks installed on the 40 gigs OS 9 partition. Should it be installed on the OS X partition? It is not an OS X app.
    When trying to open AppleWorks I get a message that I need OS 9.1 or higher installed to run classic and then get a message "unexpected error occoured (error code 1012)"

Had more trouble today than the past 6 months. darn

Randy

gmidd- Looks like that did it - I have it - I think. Way too long of a day - pissing me off - excuse the cussing. After .. /Applications/System preferences/Classic - should I click the box that says start up classic on login?

I only want "Classic" on when I open my 40 gig OS X - is there a way to do that.

I want my 60 gig ALL OS X should I even put OS 9 on it? I have all my disks?

Randy

[This message has been edited by rwm2 (edited 10 June 2002).]

Right under the new blue apple menu is system preferences and there should be a classic section, if you click on it you get to make a selection as to "Select a Startup Volume for Classic." You should see any classic (OS9) systems. Pick the one you want and don't check the box "Startup Classic on Login to ehis computer " unless you want classic to start every time you start the machine. I think this is how it works.

Thanks guys

Easy stuff - just one of those days.

Thanks again
    Randy

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I believe AppleWorks since 6.1x has been Carbon, maybe even since 6.0.
    g

[This message has been edited by gmidd (edited 10 June 2002).]

I have Office X on it's way. So Why Why did I not wait. I have been running like this all year no problems.

Thanks again guys. - Randy