Thread: 7600 AV board in a beige G3?

Hi,

I am wondering if the small AV board (as found in 7600s) will fit into a beige G3. I have seen pictures of the back of such G3s with AV connections fitted as an extra. A look inside my 7600 reveals that the AV board is on a small ribbon cable that plugs into the main board.

Thanks, BF

The AV portion on the Beige G3's was located on a "personality card", which slid into a slot that looks similar to a PCI slot. The AV board on the older machines simply pluged into the motherboard with a ribon cable, as you said.

Drat!

Thanks for the info.

Well no... As pointed out the AV functions in the Beige G resided on the Personlaity Card which sat in the PERCH slot (a somewhat odd implimentation of the PCI standard BUT with 184 pins (I don't think I have this correct...180 or close to it... I could reread the dev notes if anyone really cares). Anyhow... no the stock card will not work to transplant into the BEIGEG.... UNLESS the AV card you have was a third party PCI based AV card....then it can work... OR just shop around on eBay for a A/V Personality Card