Thread: Case lighting

I really have to finish up my "Atomic Mac" project. To do this, I need to think of a good way to light up my modified case panel.

You see, many people who mod cases, put windows in the side of thier side panel. I decided to put a sign up instead of a window. The sign reads "Caution, Radiation Area", and is in the official magenta and yellow Rad colors.

I need to find a light device that will shine through the sign, but I was wondering if the usual neons wouldnt be diffused enough through the sign (i.e., could you see the outline of the neon light through the sign, or would it backlight the whole thing ?).

So I am looking for a good suggestion about what I should do.

Mad Dog

could you get a small blacklight to make it glow? if not go down to a hobby shop and get one fo those small bulbs that go inside miniature ceramic houses.

well as a quick test, you try different powered lights behind it while its off the machine...start with a flash light and work your way from there. There are tons of different lights you can use try train or dollhouse type hobbyshops.