Thread: Does anyone know the exact size (or close) of gossamer/artemis?

I've done a lot of stupid hardware tricks in my life, and I thirst for more. I've noticed that gossamer is a pretty compact motherboard, but I'd like a more accurate lxw. Closest inch will do, but precision is bliss.

So, after a stint of dumpster diving (and my own skill at accumulating hardware cleanly), I've come across a few things:

- working 8500 power supply
    - 14" working LCD panel
    - scores of aging RAM, various components.
    - an old briefcase

most of this stuff is compatible (or can be made compatible) with a gossamer mobo. I don't have a gossamer, but I'm sure I can dig one up somewhere.

I'd like to put this gossamer inside a ventilated briefcase (courtesy of me drilling holes in the sides.) The case is decently sized, and I know it will hold the stuff: the question is how well. So exact number are good.

Just in case you're interested, the LCD panel will be plopped in a opening I cut into the top of the case. Coated over with a thin layer of lexan, it should do the trick. I'd like to make a mobile RAID running OS X or Linux (SCSI card to be added with riser). If I have enough room I could even carry a compact keyboard and mouse with me inside the case. cool.

Thanks.

hmm....Louie might be able to measure one of his....mine is out the door, at present.

Batsignal invoked to Louie!

It is almost exactly 8.5 X 11 inches.

Great googaly moogaly. That's smaller than I expected. (sweet).

So, it looks like I will have room for the keyboard and mouse inside the case, and still manage to drop in a healthy RAID.

Thanks.