Thread: reverse posts listing

I'm not even sure what this is called but, when I am looking at a Post, the original is at the top and then the replies start all the way at the bottom of the page. This does not make sense to me, I would like to just scroll down the page and read the replies in the order they were posted.
    Is this a preference I do not have set correctly? Seems that the old forums had the posts listed the other way.
    Thanks.

?We used to have it first post bottom and then each successive post up the page. That was great because we only had to see the top post on threads we were following closely.

?This forum software won't allow that,....exactly. It allows oldest to newest bottom to top with the caveat that the first post is always at the very top. THat is actually fine once you get used to seeing it that way.

?This is a global setting that you have no control over. Hope that doesn't offend, but that is the way the software is setup. Most of us like the setup. Easy to tell at a glance what's happening, don't have to scroll down through stuff we've either read a dozen times already or wrote even.

Rick

Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?

No prob, just got to get used to it. To tell the truth, I haven't been visiting much of late while waiting for things to get going again. I'm glad to see it's started and I continue to send folks who need help here because of the support.
    Now, where can I find out what that latin means?

bif

Long time no see here on the forum - glad to see you. Yes this format was different even a pain in the a** getting used to it, but now I enjoy it. -Randy

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I've been very sporadic - I think I felt a certain discouragement each time I would visit and then found the store still not operating. I feared the death of this site - so I avoided coming. I'm glad that things are looking up again.

You gots to have faith, bif...
    Welcome back from the old guard.