Thread: Store is THIS close

Hi ya all,

?Just wanted to let you all know that we are THIS close to reopening the store. Maybe even this weekend we'll have it up. There are tons of products and guides that are not done, but the site works and it appears the backside is now up and running.

?Laur is a WIZARD! Kaye and I fool around testing and trying out hardware while Laurie is doing the real work in the site design. I am not qualified to even sit in the same room with her. She has built a site that technically gives up nothing. This darn thing can do it all. We'll have to figure out a good nickname for her for when she has time to play around here on the forum. Here she is with smoke pouring out of her ears on an easy, slow day:

?Keep an eye out for the store. I'll post at the top of the forum when it is open so you don't have to check the www.macgurus address. Everyday we'll be adding more products. Laur'll have the last laugh since she doesn't have to write THOSE pages.

Rick

Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?

Oh yeah, that is how her monitor looks, covered with stickies

Been looking forward to this for a long time.

Dig that G4 with the flag graphic! :G

Wait a minute...

You can do business stuff on Macs!? STOP THE PRESSES!

Open, open, open...

Charlie Don't Surf!

Thanks guys. Yeah, a Mac can do shit like business. Not that any of us would know that. Games, graphics, cool tunes and vids. That's all I thought they could do.

?Want to know the cool part, tonight I said we needed a Powerbook so we could run the place away from the orifice and Laurie said we needed a PC Laptop but she didn't think she could stand to use it. (she's a convert to Macs from mainframes and PCs, by me thank you very much) Her main problem is she would miss the UNIX and hate the crap that goes along with Micro$haft. Ha, once turned, forever a convert.

?A few bugs in the system tonight. Getting the application to send emails properly has a booooger! Laur'll fix it though, she can fix anything.

?Talk at you guys again. Thanks for the interest.

Rick

This is just awesome news Rick.

And pass on a "Thank You!!!!" to Laurie, would you?

Dave

"We'll have to figure out a good nickname for her"......how about Laurie.....sounds good to me!

Tom Babb

Ahh........

????"We'll have to figure out a good nickname for her"......how about Laurie.....sounds good to me!"

?Gotta be something fun in there somewhere. I wrote that with her permission.......well, sorta. I let her read it afterwards

?Laur and I used to compete in the USPSA Action Pistol competitions. Back then, being as she's from Pennsylvania and we were livin in California, she had trouble with all a us lazy bums who always pronounced her name Lori. And she was always saying "lar, faaaaarr, caaaaarrrr, laaaaaahhhhhrrreeeeeeee. Well it stuck. All the other competitors started callin her 'Larry'. Even had a monogramed director chair given to her with Larry written on the back. So today she has given up totally and even uses larry@macgurus.com as her email.

?I figured she needed something a little more, uh, grandiose. Especially with all the sorcery she has performed getting so much of the site working. I very humbly bow directly in her direction! She is incredible, if she wasn't 5 foot 1 and a half tall I'd call her the Incredible Hulk. What a gal!

?If the store ever opens it'll not be because I did anything substantive. It is all on her tremendous shoulders.

?So anyway, if a handle appears that strikes a fancy(with her of course), the rest of us can feel we contributed SOMETHING to the cause.

Rick

Dear Rick,

I feel more like posting to Laurie as, I am sure, she's the one who really deserves all the kudoz!

Laurie,

I hope you're charging Rick for royalties for that picture: $$/each time the message gets seen! (BTW, you look great!)

About your nick name: persoanlly, I am a supporter of "if-you-have-the-guts-stick-with-your-real-name" kinda stuff.
    But I also understand that, being you one of the owners of the biz behind it all, you might want to choose your "incognito" ....
    As long as it is something YOU choose!
    Don't let anyone (let alone Rick) talk you into something isn't YOURS.

Well done lady!

I shall be looking forward to be one of your first customers!

Cheers.

Costa

Take it to the Max, Mac!

Really, really nice job what can I say. Defiantly worth the wait. - Thanks, Randy

Nah,

Don't listen to my nonsense Laurie, unless you feel you must .

I must say you're ultra photo-genic.

I just love that knowing smirk!!! ->

...that when it's all said and done you can sit back and laugh and laugh and laugh at ricks tearing his hair out writing up product pages!

-Work kids!

Now, make sure that when you take the first +/- 12 orders, you add a $1-to-4.00 surcharge for a case of really, really good beer, night on the town, etc.....

PS- Need a Graemlin with Monty Burns and his tee-pee finger-tips w/Excellent!

Bill

"I made a conscience decision in a semi-conscious state"

?Bill,

?Laur is laughing at me already. And crying. It's 12:30AM and we got one lousy product page built tonight. Normal for us. Getting it right with all the backside info as well as the gifs, editing, changing the appearance and fixing the goofs takes HOURS.

?Yesterday I got the About Us page built. It is cool. We took pictures, (luckily with Laur in the front row so to speak, hiding me ) Here's a pic where I cut out the lug and left the flower. And talk about a look where the bird ate the cat!

Rick

Yo, Rick, where'd you get that phat shirt you are sporting in the About Us photo?! Har, har.
    Laurie needs one too... All the ones I have left are XL or XXL, but maybe when the sales explode, we can do another printing and sell them off the site.