Thread: NewerTech DT351C G3 PCI upgrade

Can anyone help me find info on dip switch settings for this card?

I've just obtained two, and both work (In a Umax J700) at 300MHz processor/46.5 MHz bus with all four switches in the "open" position.

I don't recognize that model number but I think what you want is here http://eshop.macsales.com/Tech/FTP/n...xPowrG3-CC.jpg k

Thanks, but unlike the illustration, there is only one (four lever) dip switch on the card in question.

I had a Newer G3-500 in an S900. It was composed of two components. The Newer G3-500 ZIF module attached to the Newer Carrier Card (MaxPowrG3-CC). The only Newer Carrier Card I know of is the one in that linked jpeg. Your CC I think is not a Newer CC. At least I don't recall any others, nor can I find any others now. Is there any other identifying info on the CC card like manufacturer or something besides DT351C. I guess it could be a Newer card designed for a G4 or something in later G3 models for Beige G3 or B&W G3.

Anyway, referring to the jpeg again, I think Switch 2 is your Switch 1. And your CC does not have a Jumper setting position, nor is there a CPU Switch on the ZIF?

give me as much info as you can. k

It pays to examine the card carefully, I see. There is a small sticker which identifies the card as a Maxpowr Pro+ 300/200. Newer's name is also displayed in two locations on the card.

...and it is not a carrier card.

Well I'm no closer to figuring it out. Must be an early card. Do you have Gauge PRO 1.1? If not, go here http://eshop.macsales.com/Tech/index...newertech.html and under Utilities you can download it. Tell me what it says for CPU type. Also, are you using a MAXpowr control panel for utilizing various settings? Some of the possible control panels are at the top of that page. k

You can see the gauge pro information panel info at:
    http://homepage.mac.com/jjjclark/new...otoAlbum8.html

I've experimented some with dip switch settings and have found that switch #2, closed, yields 300MHz processor speed and 50MHz bus speed. I may have to simply try each of the sixteen possible settings to see just what their effects are.

And, yes, I am using the MaxPowr control panel. It is set for 300MHz processor & 200MHz backside bus. The motherboard cache is 512k and is off (the card has 1MB cache). The adjustment for RAM speed is set to 60ns. Everything works fine at these settings. It is likely that this card has limited adjustment -- not like later cards Newer produced.

Thanks very much for your help -- and don't go to any great lengths -- I may just have to create my own dip switch setting chart.

[This message was edited by myaka on Tue March 09, 2004 at 05:48 PM.]

Interesting. Looks like you will be making your own chart. Luck. k

Default Can you help me? UMAX PULSAR NewerTech DT351 REV C I220/110

I have a Newer Technology DT351 Rev C I220/110, or as printed on another part MAXpowr Pro 220/110 replacement for the 604 CPU of my UMAX Pulsar, which seems not to work at all. Having tried it once, it also made the original CPU not work. What can I do? What could have happened? Do I need an extra driver for it. How should I set the 4 switches? I can't find any information on the Newer Technology website. Can you give me any advice?

Thanks for your help

FF

FF,

Did you load the Newer software with the old processor installed and then shutdown? Then installed the Newer processor and attempted to startup? What Mac OS version? What version of the Newer software did you install?

The Pulsar is the same as the S900. The Newer 220/110 card I am familiar with has two sets of 4 switches and a jumper block. You only have one set of 4 switches? Have you looked at the previous links mentioned? k