Thread: Need used G3 or G4 ZIF for B/W

Does anybody here have a used CPU i can buy cheap, everything on ebay seems to be overpriced.

Thanks,

I think I still have my G3 350 ZIF from a Rev 1 stashed somehwere... Will that do?

Charlie Don't Surf!

that would be perfect

how much cash do you need for it?

How about $25, and I will box it up right (in an anti-static bag, and with foam padding) and pay the shipping?

Just to be clear: all I have (I have to verify!) is the ZIF; no heatsink or clips....

This was a pull when I upgraded my BW to a G4 500, and was never OCed. I bought the machine from work when they retired it, so I know it's history, which is always nice.

Charlie Don't Surf!

sweet. Email me your shipping info and i will cut you a check.

Viper69@nvc.net

Sounds good.

I will verifiy it's where I think it is tonight, then email you.

Charlie Don't Surf!

unclemac is having trouble finding his G3, does anybody else have one just in case he cant turn one up?

Dude, are you reading the struggle I'm having with a Yose(T/S Forum)? Are we bound to tear our hair and grind our teeth at the exact same systems until the end of time?

What up, 9500man. If my RAM tests don't work, I may need to borrow that ZIF from you at some point...

I had to part out stuff, I wish there was a Central Clearing House where I could even donate all the parts and pieces cluttering up my storage room. Some days I just go through all the boxes to "arrange/organize" all the stuff looking for one item.

128MB SDRAM PC100, G3 Zifs, brackets, cables (lots), older CDROMs (functional, even one SCSI 8x). OEM ATI Rage 128 w/ DVD. Even an OEM UL3D that'll never see light of day. Couple 2940U2Bs "as is" (I think one connector works, external). 7300 case stripped bare except for CDROM (will boot or shutdown, but just won't restart).

Maybe some others have stuff, too?

TZ,

?You figure out a format for a 'clearing house' and I'll be happy to donate a page on our server with a link here on the forum. Need to figure out how to post entries and change them when stuff is sold or given away, not sure how to do that without someone spending time chasing emails and people down....... I haven't that time available unfortunately.

Someway to post and remove posts..... hmmmmm

RIck

Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?