Thread: Software for early Newer Tech DT351

The 9500 that I just installed an XLR8 G4/450 into came with a Newer Tech DT351 M250/125 which I think they called the "MaxPowr Pro". It was working without software, although not very fast. I would like to use the old card to slightly upgrade an 8600 if that would be an improvement. Perhaps the card could be maximized with the control panel and extensions but I don't know where to find the software. Any suggestions? Would other software (like from XLR8) do the trick?

Another Question...re: XLR8 MPe G4 450 switches for my 9500 with Miles 2, X15 Cheetah, 256 meg RAM, Ratoc dual usb/fw and 2 Apple video cards. XLR8 card came set with these switches ON: 1234-678---- and all jumpers in place. Machine worked immediately except that Photoshop is prone to freezing. These switch settings don't seem to be in the manual or on XLR8's website. Is it likely that MacGurus set these for my machine before shipping? or is another setting suggested?

I initially copied the XLR8 Alti-Vec Plug-in to Photoshop's plug-ins folder but Photoshop wouldn't work at all then. XLR8s folder said it was OS 8x only but I thought it might be outdated info and might not matter. Trashed the Alti-Vec and Photoshop worked. Do I need Alti-Vec for Photoshop 6 to work at it's best?

Thanx,

Some Newer stuff here http://technojunkie.org/~berniec/www...ers/index.html and our ftp site I think has some.

I'll let others address your other questions. k

Here's the XLR8 webpage with the chart: www.xlr8.com/support/cpuupgrades/speedchart.html

Should be 6,7,8,9 ON, all four jumpers ON for 450 MHz, 9 x CPU multiplier and 50 MHz bus speed. The jumpers are 1,2,3,4.

You do not need the XLR8 Altivec extensions for Photoshop versions other than 3.x and 4.x. You should not have these active with PS6.

[This message has been edited by MacMikester (edited 31 May 2001).]

NOW it seems so clear. Thanks for the re-assurance. My 9500 seems to be doing fine. In fact, it seems to handle Nikon Capture software BETTER than my G4 500/dual.

you may get lucky and find that the XLR8 software handles the Newer board, but as K mentioned we do have a fairly comprehensive collection of NewerTech drivers on our FTP site.