Thread: Won't start at all/G3Powerbook

The only sign of life is the little green light that blinks when the shut off button is pressed in the back. But the G3 won't start up as it used to when I had some kind of freeze in the past. There was a "memory cache problem, contact tech personnel" kind of message lately and my Mac sales/tech guy didn't know what that meant. So I just ignored it.

Could it just be a fuse, dear God? I am broke. If the G3 has to go to a repair shop here in Manhattan I'm a goner.

Help. Thanks.

Well... which G3 is it? Sounds like the KANGA... Uh... it does not sound like a fuse to me. I would remove the battery module from it's bay... unplug the power supply adapter from the book. Press and hold teh reest button at the back of the book for 10 to 20 seconds. Plug the adapter back into the book (Leave the battery out for now). Press and hold the reset button for 10 to 20 seconds again. Press power on. Cross fingers.... Post back if this does or does not help.. you may need to open 'er up and ensure that the CPU is seated and/or the backup battery may need to be disconnected to... I am thinking that the PMU and PRAM have become corrupted but... It could be the CPU, the keyboard (a bad kybd can prevent boot sometimes) or even the hdd might be playing bad... let use know...

Hi Spaz - It didn't work. Got any other possibilities up your sleeve?

As far as which one it is: "Macintosh G3 Powerbook Series" is all it says.

Thanks.

Dead G3 Powerbook
    Hi Spaz - It didn't work. Got any other possibilities up your sleeve?

As far as which one it is: "Macintosh G3 Powerbook Series" is all it says.

Thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------