Thread: XLR8 processor fan

Hello guys
    Looks like cooling processor fan on my XLR8 G4 450 is going. Have to "kick it" when I start the machine, and lately it runs few degrees higher, probably lower revolutions.
    I have couple of fans I tried to put in but both are slightly thicker, and I just thought there is a little too much pressure on the processor.
    I just wonder, is there a better fan that the one (original) that I could get as a replacement from Daystar Digital.
    Thanks to all aforehand.
    -pilgrim-

What style of CPU upgrade? ZIF, Processor Slot or Carrier Card and in what computer?

I should put it in, in a first place. Mine is a XLR8 MACh Carrier G4 SSE (MPe) accelerator card sittin in my 9600. The fan is held right on a top of the processor with clamps. As I mentioned, I was able to put in couple of fans I found around but both of them are little thicker, and I there was a bit more pressure on processor. I just did not like that. I can get one (exact replacement) from Daystar for $15.00, but wonder if there is something better.
    -pilgrim-

You might wish to look at some PC CPU fans... I think a K6 or K7 heatsink with fan might just clip on, if the ZIF socket on your carrier card is the same size as the ZIF socket on the B&W. At first I thought you were worried about the weight, but now I see that you mean the retaining clip is actually pressing the fan down to the CPU.

Tyler