Thread: Help - Can't Chg Display Resolutions w/Radeon 9000

Hi,

Just put a new Radeon 9000 in the Gigabit Ethernet G4 I bought. Using it with my 21" Hitachi so using VGA adapter.

My display is working now but only in low resolution mode 800x600 other options are grayed out in Sys Prefs>Displays.

Is this because I haven't installed ATI drivers myself?

I thought OSX includes these drivers. I'm running OSX 10.2.6.

I check ATI website for drivers but OSX driver says it for OSX version up to 10.2.2 I think.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Mark

?In the display preferences panel I think you just need to uncheck the box for 'show recommended resolutions' .

Rick

I just put the same card in my QS 733 without any problems. Check for the latest drivers here http://www.ati.com/

Randy

Are there dip switches to change on the VGA adapter, or using a different adapter help?

Thanks to all for the replies!!!

ricks was right...unchecked the box and sure enough lots of other resolutions available... ;-)

What is interesting though is I checked the contents of the extensions folder in OSX and while there's several files that include 'Radeon8500', 'Radeon9700', etc in their name, none say Radeon9000. These are files that were installed as part of OSX 10.2 and subsequent OSX updates.

As I noted, there aren't any Radeon9000 drivers on ATI website that are listed for use in any OSX later than v10.2.2!

Mark