Thread: Reading a CD-R Disk Problem

Hello,

I am having trouble reading a CD-R disk on my iMac 333. When I put it in it says that the disk in not readable and asks to format it. I am running System 9.2.2. I tried the disk on a PowerBook G3 (original/Kanga)using System 8.6 and on a Quadra 650 using System 8.1, and they read the disk without any problem (some of the custom icons didn't show up on the Quadraȡotherwise it was fine, though). Any suggestions? The iMac does read other CDs without any problem.

Thanks

Did you create the disks yourself using Toast or Disk Copy in OS 9.2?

You meant blank disks????? right? -- Randy

I am actually helping a friend with this so I was able to get some more information (but I'm not sure what is useful). My friend is the one with the iMac and Quadra 650. Someone else burned the CD for him using OS 9.0 and Toast 4.1.2. It is a hybrid CD (i.e. it was made with both a Mac and a PC partition). He said that "Juliet" was selected (I am not sure what that means). Using Apple System Profiler on the iMac, I got the following info: Driver Versionȡ1.4.7; Revision Numberȡ5.adg.

I hope this helps. Thanks

I think that's the "Joliet" format - which, I think, is the ISO-9660 format.

It's odd that it won't show up on your iMac...Maybe check to see if there's some extensions associated with reading Joliet that is present on your older machines and that needs to be moved over to your iMac perhaps.. I think I recall that on my other machines, there was a Joliet extension that gets loaded on boot...

Chris.