Thread: Mouse pointer froze on 7500 G3 400

The mouse pointer on my 7500 G3 400MHz, OS 9.1 is froze right under the Apple in the upper left hand corner. Worked fine all day and - poof I don't have another mouse to test it.

It boots fine in 9.1 and the OS 9 install CD but the mouse is froze so I can't do anything. In the same place everytime. I am force restarting. I ran DiskWarrior on that partition earlier today without problems. I installed LimeWire with a few glitches but things were workling fine after that also.

I am helpless because I can't move the mouse.

Thanks
    Randy

Do you have another pointer to work with? Could it be the ADB cable or port that is bad? Catch-22 - unless you can use the keyboard and say move the system preferences folder to the trash even - something. I'd suspect an extension conflict of course but you've probably tried the shift key to bypass all that.

Seems like under the Apple is a default and could be that the mouse ADB cord isn't talking, why I wonder if you have another mouse or use another ADB port on your k/b.

Do you have USB card and mouse to work with, with drivers already installed?

Sorry I was not real detailed - too tired last night. The problem started shortly or even right after moving the keyboard - not much - maybe enough. Did not even disconnect cables.

I'll check cables and such better today - I do think I might have an old mouse/keyboard -put far away- never even used/tested them.

There is a Belkin USB PCI card but I have never used it - so that is 2 yrs old - the ASP sees it but it would need a update. The only USB mouse I have is from my QS 733.

I'll will report back after a friend helps me doule check some of the cables and conections.

Thanks
    Randy

Started up just fine today. Well good. - Randy

It is the connector on the mouse or the plugin on keyboard. - Randy