Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Powerbook G3 series won't turn off or start up

refresh my memory, what book is this?
    I have a wallstreet, 300mhz version, it works, but the hard drive is whinning loudly - pending failure, I believe, and the screen is faded at the top - you can see but it is difficult and a real pain. Perhaps the parts are worth more than the whole and I wonder if they could help you rebuild yours.
    let me know.

Hey Bif,

Well this is interesting. The book is a Powerbook G3 Series, a 233 I think, 12.1" screen. It has the 1gig drive, and CD and Floppy modules. The family number is: M4753. If the parts that I suspect are compatible then I am interested!

Hi Greg,

you might want to have a look at this MACINTOSH TECH REPAIR MANUALS FOR ALL MACS CD, to see if there are any useful tips for reparing your friend's PowerBook. Also, provided you weren't aware of it yet, this site may provide you with some good prices and bargains.

HTH.

------------------
    Costa

Take it to the Max, Mac!

Bif,

You out there? I am interested in your powerbook for parts. Send me an email, let's talk.

Greg W

To finish this up, I found a PMU card on Ebay for 25.00. Did the replacement (boy is that a teardown!) and the book works just fine! Tachyon - you called, thanks.

Now I have to figure out why the battery won't charge.