Thread: PowerTower Lockup..........

Hi folks.......

MACHINE: PowerTower Pro, g3 400/1MB, OS 9.1, 256MB RAM, mobo buss: 4.2GB Medalist, 18 GB cuda, Miles2: 18GB Cheetah x-15, 9GB 10k Cheetah.

Machine's been running really sweet. Then I put in an Xlr8 USB dual card, installed USB Enabler v1.4.1, Xlr8 Point and Click mouse and driver v1.2.

Since then, I get lockups on a regular basis. Silent.......sudden.....and no fanfare... The cursor/pointer halts, and there is no response. I can't kick it to Macsbugs, I can't dump the active software with a key command, and then I have to use the restart button on the case.

Anyway, I've nixed the Point and Click mouse, and it's software, and now things seem to be okay.

Has anyone else had trouble with these mice?

Via the unraveling process, it appears that the Control Panel for the P&C mouse is the culprit.

Anyone?

I'm going to bug you too here kaye, cause I know you and louie have logged some good PTP hours.

[This message has been edited by crazyeights (edited 30 December 2002).]

here we go kaye .........

Now it shoud work

8's

Batsignal invoked to kaye!

Hey 8's,

Sorry, been offline testing my Burly again. That Point & Scroll mouse, I have one that came with a Gurus package deal, either the xlr8 USB card or the xlr8 USB powered hub, I forget. I only used it for a few days in my PTP just to be sure it was working, it was, and then returned to my ADB Kensington TrackBall (Turbo Mouse). I used the P&S control panel v1.1.3. v1.2 was not out then. You might try the earlier version http://www.daystartechnology.com/dow...are/index.html

Three other possibilities come to mind. First, I think I would download the USB Enabler v1.4.1 again and reinstall, just in case what you originally downloaded is corrupt. Second, your P&S control panel may be conflicting with some other init. I know it conflicts with Kensington mouse software. Maybe also with the Apple Mouse control panel. Or you might try disabling the P&S control panel and enabling the Apple Mouse control panel and see what that gives you for controlling the P&S mouse. Third, try the USB card in another slot and try in one of the lower three slots. If I recall correctly, I always had the USB card in either slot 5 or 6. And do a Cuda Reset for at least 30 seconds before cranking up. That is all I can think of right now. Luck. k

Thanks Sir Kaye!!

Since I removed the control panel, it has yet to freeze up again.

thanks,

8's