Thread: B&W G3 very slow after sleep

hi all

since i installed 9.2.2 my machine has developed an odd problem - after being woken from sleep, it is unbearab slow, and requires a reboot. i don't think it's video, screen redraws are ok, but entering text takes a good second or two after the key is struck, and scrolling is impossible.

the work around is obviously not to let it sleep, but there must be a reason and a solution. any ideas?

i've heard that 9.1 is more stable than 9.2, & i don't think i had this problem with 9.1, although i only ran 9.1 for a day or so.

specs BW G3/400 512 RAM 40 GB & 80 GB barracudas

only other recent update is the 80 GD HD

thanks, wez

Hi ya wez,

?Try turning off your Iomega extensions. There were some incompatibilities with (I think) OpenGL.

?Do you have to hold on when you live on the bottom?

Rick

hey rick

no, we've evolved claw-like feet that enable us to hang like bats.

i actually downloaded the latest iomega stuff, but found that it caused the system to stutter all the time, not just after a sleep. so i got rid of all that, just left the new driver. thing is, i actually use my zip drive. so as long as the machine doesn't go to sleep (screen sleep is ok)...

anyone have any comments re: 91 v 9.2? 9.2 has been a little edgy, i wonder if it's worth going back to 9.1?

wez