Thread: Replacing BW motherboard

Ordered a replacement motherbard to address the zapped ram socket on my BW....(Actually got a Rev B...original is a Rev. A). Any suggestions or tips when replacing the board? I plan to be well grounded as well.

Thanks!

I wonder if replacing the zapped socket would help ? I might be able to desodler the old socket and put a new one in.

Mad Dog

Resoldering may be an future option---keep you posted.

I was able to get a Rev. B logic board-package slip said new OEM . It installed smoothyl (so far) and all ram (1 gb) seems to be working fine--So far no instant crashes. Actually noticed that the ram sockets on the Rev. B seemed a bit 'beefier' the clips looked sturdier and actually grabbed the ram more.

[This message has been edited by freelanceguy (edited 28 June 2002).]

DOes anyone know a good place to get used or refurbished logic boards for a G3 Blue and White Mac???

Please Advise.
    Thanks.
    Cory Bitner

best advice is search ebay. i found one p/n 661-2104, listed there from a company called macresQ and it has worked flawlessly for the past year (about). I tried their web site and did not see any more, but you could try calling them.

I picked my Rev B up at shrevesystems.com . Ground shipping was in around 3 days. So far so good with board.