Thread: Problem with DVD drive

I've somehow developed a persistent "problem" in that every time I start up or restart my PowerBook G3 (Pismo) the DVD-ROM drive automatically ejects. I have no idea what could be causing this, but I'm open to suggestions. This happens whether there is a CD or DVD disk in the drive or not. Any ideas as to how to remedy this situation? I've zapped the PRAM, trashed the Apple CD & DVD drive prefs, rebuilt the desktop, etc., but this phenomenon still continues. Has anybody run across this sort of thing before?

Č▀cott

Very interesting. When I unplug all of my USB devices, the drive behaves itself (stays closed). Once I plug them back in & restart, the drive opts to eject. I guess it's just clamoring for attention...

Č▀cott

Č?Sounds like you've figured it out. Either you have a bad cable or switch in one of the USB devices or one of the devices is bogus. Looks like you'll have to unplug one at a time until you find which one is sending the bad signal at startup.

Č?Check all your DVD, CD control panels in case one of them has a eject on startup command built in and selected. I know I had that when I ran FWB CDToolkit.

Rick