Thread: Looking for an Imac 333 motherboard

I just bought a 333 imac that is unable to network. Any idea where I can pick up a replacement motherboard? The guy I bought it from let it go for a $100 because the local cable company was unable to hook him up with high speed Internet-and that was that. I've tried to tie it in with my office network, but it was a no go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does the Ethernet port appear in Apple System Profiler? Have you verified that there are no wires in the connector shorted with another wire? Does any number appear in the TCP/IP control panel when setup to use Ethernet with DHCP and the unit restarted?

A replacement motherboard will likely be quite expensive, but after an initial investment of $100, it just might be worth it! I would try to verify if the port can be fixed first though.

About the only 333 Motherboard I could find after a quick search on the net is available on eBay, currently at $75.

Thanks lasvegas. I was able to pick up that motherboard on e-bay after checking on the things you mentioned. I've since thrown in a new hard-drive and upgraded the memory. I placed the winning bid on a CD-R/RW (USB) on e-bay, but the seller has gone AWOL. Again, thanks for your help.