Thread: Help! G3 No startup

I bought a used G3 desktop and when I got it, it did nothing at all when powered up except to run the power supply fan. I brought it to a Mac repair shop and they said the logicboard was bad. I bought another used logicboard (including a voltage regulator and processor just in case the problem lay there), put it in and still nothing but the fan is going. I tried swapping the processors (changed the appropriate jumber block) and still nothing. Any ideas what else it could be? It doesn't seem likely that yet another logicboard would be bad.

You might read this posting to see if anything might help out: http://www.macgurus.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000586.html

Couple of good ideas on a similar sounding problem.

Rick

I got a voltmeter and determined that the problem lies with the power supply. Can anyone tell me whether the power supply for the G3 desktop is the same as any other power supply out there, e.g. the 7200, 7300, 7500, 7600?

You can probably get the power supply, and the right one for the Beige at that, from icni.com. They stock stuff like that.

Rick