Thread: PB G3 Power Supply Plug

Greetings:

I have a low-end WallStreet (12.1"/233/etc). I have been noticing some "play" when plugging and unplugging the power supply and most recently (tonight) it requires a little "propping" to maintain a connection, so it is high time to fix this problem.

I am quite comfortable with doing the soldering, but never having accessed this area of my PBook I would welcome any guidance regarding accessing the board as well as any other tips or warnings.

Thanks, Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Germond (edited 27 March 2002).]

Apologies to the list,

My copy/paste from another list was inadvertantly dropped into my message. Hoepfully the list administrator will edit or delete.

Red-faced Jim

Jim,

You can do it yourself by clicking the page with pencil icon at the top of that post. k

Best thing to do would probably be to

1) make sure you've sent your adapter through the exchange program and gotten a new Yo-Yo adapter if you have one of the recalled adapters (the black rectangular ones). I'd give a URL but I can't remember it right now...search on Apple's site.

2) if you've done (1), try pinching the metal jacket around the plug on the adapter a bit tighter with a carefully wielded pair of pliers.

p