Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Epson scanner going bad?

Ok, ok, thats enough of a warning to keep me from jumping into HP! I'll keep researching.

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1244357771

This is the same scanner i use....we have had it for over 2 years and it has never given us a bit of trouble..great scans.( close a a thousand scans i would guess) It retails for 1500 bucks, and the software is available as a download. I am a bit sceptical about the fact that it doesn't have a transparency tray...i mean HOW do you lose that? I just hate to see you having to shell out 8 bills for a scanner. If you emailed the guy and he would give you some kind of trial period and if you don't like it you could return it....maybe an escrow thing with ebay....if you picked that up for a hundred bucks it would be a STEAL!!!!

Thanks for sending me that link - now why didn't I think to shop eBay for a scanner? I use it all the time for other stuff, and I sell some too. I would like to have a transparency adapter, though, so I will continue looking for other listings. I think I will look at UMAX also.

Thanks for your help!

Rebecca

that scanner has a GREAT transparency adapter....you would just need to order a replacement tray from a dealer...its a carrier that has drop in holders ...1 each for 35mm,120 and 4x5...plus it has a seperate carrier that is a sheet of glass...8.5x11. Stay away from low end scanners that claim to have a transparency adapter...alot of times it is nothing more than a lightbulb in the cover....if you are really going to scan tranparency's you need to look at the higher end scanners....the powerlook3 from UMAX is decent. Its identical to the Linocolor scanner that costs about twice as much...only difference is the software.

[This message has been edited by tm311 (edited 12 June 2001).]

I forgot to ask - does the Agfa scanner lid have a hinge that opens up to fit in extra thick stuff, like a book? My Epson does, and Im so spoiled by it I don't want to give up that feature if it is available.

the agfa scanners allow you to remove the cover completely...

Easily? Without screwdrivers, etc?