Thread: Troubleshooting SW: Techtool 3?

Haven't had much trouble with the Macs. Consequently I have only Alsoft Disk Express and NAV 5.

What diagnosis software do Gurus recommend? Techtool 3.3 now available for $50, which would be attractive only if it solves more problems than it creates.

I'll appreciate your guidance.

My once per month dance in this order:

DiskWarrier, Norton Disk Doctor, Apple's latest Disk First Aid, Norton Speed Disk, DiskWarrier again. k

we make recommendations on a page elsewhere on our site, and this guidance still stands, for the most part, though the page does need to be updated.

I should probably clarify somewhat.

we do consider TTP3xx a worthy utility, but still not indispensable, nor as trusted as Disk Doctor.

that said, it is important, IMO, to take the central thesis of that page to heart: you want to run these utilities when you need them, when you manually choose to do so, and you do not want "automatic" or "protection" extensions loading. You're just asking for trouble.

TTP is fun to mess around with. It is not a replacement for Disk Doctor, Norton AntiVirus, Disk First Aid, and Alsoft Disk Warrior.