Thread: Help! PT166 won't boot!

Any ideas or help MUCH appreciated!

System: Power Tower 166, 96MB ram, original MIcropolis HD, no cards added & running
    original System 7.6. Nothing connected to the external SCSI bus.
    The computer was working just fine. It was shut down and moved (gently) and I did not
    attempt to boot it up again for a few weeks. Here is what it now does (or doesn't) do:

Won't boot/no Happy Mac icon. The screen does come on and mouse pointer appears. I am able
    to move the mouse around a blank, grey screen. If I put the original System CD in the CD-ROM
    and try to boot from that, I get a grey screen with a blank disc icon - no question mark
    or "x" - just a blank floppy disc looking thing. Also, when trying to boot from the CD I don't
    get the mouse pointer. I have tried disconnecting the HD and that has no effect. Replaced the
    battery, no go. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks-----Joe

If it were me i would look at the processor card and ram as possibly became unseated during the move...might be a good time to grab some canned air and a soft brush and try reseating everything. Don't forget the cuda reset.

OK - I will give that a try ----- at the risk of sounding like an Idiot (pretty easy for me to do),
    does anyone know WHERE the 'cuda switch is on this thing? I looked and couldn't find it. Is it
    under the Processor/riser area???

Thanks again

Try here for a motherboard diagram: http://www.macgurus.com/shoppingcart...bpcpcurve.html

This is a PowerCurve diagram, but I believe that the PowerTower has the same layout.

Or here http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n36162 and scroll to the bottom of the page for location of the Cuda Reset. k