Thread: Losing data or something

Has anyone ever started noticing a folder being empty when it's not supposed to be? If I try to replace it, I get a message that it contains files that are in use, but under general info it says 0 k. I have a RAID 0 set up by softraid 2.2.2 and I am wondering if something is going wrong. I have my CPU (XLR8 500 G4) overclocked, could that be a problem? I have two fairly new Quantum 10k II, so I can't imagine one of them screwing up.

Thanks,

Richard

DFA reports an "Invalid Sibling Link" and that DFA can't fix it. Any help is appreciated.

Disk Warrior is awesome! I bought the download and it fixed the problem lickety split.

Richard

I would run Disk Doctor and DFA, as well. Update your drivers, and make sure you are running the latest available firmware on your SCSI host.

Thank you! I will indeed do that. I'm not sure if I can figure out the Miles2 firmware thing. But I'm going to keep trying. Do you know if I should have SmartSCSI 1.03 or 1.06? And I should have "intio.sim" in the INI-A100U2W MAC folder, right?

Thanks,

Richard

R,

SmartSCSI for Miles U2W should be 1.03. The SIM for Miles U2W should be 1.06. The SIM file must be in the same folder as SmartSCSI for Miles U2W. k

if you read the fine print on our Initio page, down underneath the sales stuff, you will see a detailed explanation of how to update the firmware on that card.

Thanks magician.